About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Colour of Water art show at the Denman Island Summer Art Gallery

My art show with Pelka Wiltshire opened on Thursday evening, July 21, 2016. I was so caught up in the excitement that I did not take any pictures during the opening. I know that other folks did, and presumably they will share, so I may be able to post some in the future.

For now, here are some pictures of the set up of the show.

A blue corner of the gallery. The quilt on the plinth and the beaded wallhanging on the lower right are mine. The other three pieces are Pelka's.

Setting up the show. My sister in law is on the right.

We ran out of space for small items, so put them on low plinths in the centre of the room.

The trees and oceans corner of the room.


Hanging Dragonfly Dream on the covered porch, in preparation for opening night, with the help of my sister in law on the left, and husband on the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment