About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Drawing II, class 2: homework done!

Quelle journee´! I have spent ALL day, and I mean from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, with about 20 minutes off for lunch, in my studio working on my drawing. A great day, but now my back is killing me and I am exhausted, but in a good way. I really learned a lot from this exercise!
The homework for  this week was to do two sketches in our sketchbook of a chair, in one-point and two-point perspective, then to do a full size drawing sheet (3' x 2') drawing of the chair in perspective, to add a background either real or imaginary, and then to colour the drawing with chalk pastels showing tonal values and demonstrating creativity - whew!
I showed the sketchbook drawing in an earlier post.
Here is today's work, the drawing in two-point perspective and then the colouring with chalk pastel.






No comments:

Post a Comment