About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Socks finished: Sock Summit yarn

In summer of 2011 I went to the Sock Summit in Portland, Oregon. What fun, and I bought a lot of sock yarn. I think this skein of Blue Moon yarn, Socks that Rock, of 100% superwash merino, lightweight, in colorway Stumptown Brown, is the last of that epic haul. It is rather boring, to tell the truth, and that is probably why it has lingered so long. When a knitter has all sorts of fun self-striping and colour change sock yarns to choose from, this stolid brown did not inspire. But done now, and I will probably wear them this winter.
The pattern is my own basic toe-up 56 stitch pattern, short row heel. I used basket stitch for the legs, and an I-cord bind-off, which I really like and will use again. Link to the pattern here on Ravelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment