About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

"Autumn Leaves" costume almost completed: over-vest done!

Last evening I sewed the last bead to the over-vest part of my Wearable Arts Fashion Show costume. The jersey top and leggings are already done. See also http://whenyouloveblue.blogspot.ca/2015/09/creating-leaves.html for more on my creative process with this piece.
Now I only have the head piece and my twigs to finish. Doable in time time for October 24.
But today, I have art homework to do.










No comments:

Post a Comment