About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Group of Several art show at the Denman Arts Centre

My local watercolour group calls itself the "Group of Several". Each year it holds the inaugural art show at the Denman Island Summer Gallery at the Arts Centre.
This year the show is particularly attractive. Each member of the group painted a version of
Max Roger's new mille fleur rooster - I did a block print that I painted with watercolour. It makes for a great show.
Thursday evening was the opening and lots of folks attended. We sold a number of pieces, included my block print - so exciting!

Here are most of the members of the Group of Several at Thursday's opening of our annual show. Yours truly in black in the centre, with hands joined.

The foliage wall. My two paintings are on the upper left.

Two more of my paintings, exercises in contour drawing from my online course.

Jan, one of our painters, did an acrylic of the eye of the rooster. Wow!

Here is the rooster wall, "Something to Crow About". My block print is in the window, upper left.



No comments:

Post a Comment