About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hexie quilt almost completely pieced

I am almost finished piecing my hexagon quilt, just filling in along the edges now. I think that I will appliqué the edges to a straight border, to make the quilt larger and to avoid dealing with binding the hexie edges.



Oooh, maybe not - I just found this wonderful tutorial for making a faced hexagon finish 
http://badskirt.blogspot.ca/2010/05/tutorial-finishing-you-hexie-quilts.html

I really like the finished product! And, as I love basting and whip stitching hexies (I know, I know - but I am not alone in this weird affection :-), that means that I can make more before I have to call this much loved project finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment