About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Home from QuiltCon

I got home today from QuiltCon. Air travel is discombobulating! In the morning on Sunday I was in Austin, Texas with warm cloudy weather with rain drops falling on the palm trees. By mid afternoon I was in Minneapolis where it was -19 C - brrrrr, but the sun coming in through the huge panes of glass in the airport was so bright and cheerful. At 7:30 at night I was trundling my suitcase along the sidewalk in downtown Vancouver to catch the city bus to my friend's house. And then this morning in brilliant sunshine, with crocuses and daffodils in bloom, I caught the ferry home.

For three mornings I walked across the bridge over the Colorado River to the Austin Convention Center.

Another view of the Colorado River in the morning.

The Lions Gate Bridge and Vancouver harbour, at 7:30 this morning as I left my friend's house to catch the ferry home.

On Saturday I was the volunteer assistant for Sherri Lynn Wood's workshop on improvisational piecing.

On Saturday night, which was the end of the conference for me, I painted this journal entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment