About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Bloomsbury sweater finished

I finished the Bloomsbury sweater that I am knitting for my friend Pam. I thought that I was making the sleeves really long, so that she could pull them over her hands for warmth or roll them up for cuffs. However, when I tried on the completed sweater yesterday, the sleeves were a perfect length on me, coming down to the base of my thumbs. Now I have rather short arms, so I hope that the length will be good for Pam. Otherwise, she and I are basically the same size, except that she is so thin these days because of illness.

I think the sweater is incredibly beautiful and that it will look lovely on Pam. The Malabrigo worsted merino wool yarn is so soft and pliable and it will be lovely to wear, although it may tend to pill under the arms.

Shoulder detail (maybe photo this should have been rotated).

The lace back.

The lace pattern on the sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment