About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Art sales and beer

Wow! A fellow quilter and I hung our quilted wall hanging Advent calendars and some other seasonal pieces on Wednesday at the local coffee shop, the Kaffee Klatsch Bistro, and by Thursday two pieces had sold. I did not even get a chance to take a photo of my "Tipsy Trees", but it was very pretty!

When in Comox this morning for Tai Chi and groceries, we stopped at the liquor store for libations, and I bought their last case of this beer advent calendar.


I decided to start the countdown early, so this is beer #1.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment