About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Entering art exhibitions

"Grape Arbour", on of the Soupçon quilts.

Border detail of "Grape Arbour".

Centre detail of "Grape Arbour". Rock those French knots!

Corner detail of "Grape Arbour"/
I have decided to enter a number of art exhibitions.
First up is the art display wall at the local General Store, above the potato bin. I finished "Grape Arbour" yesterday, which is one of my Soupçon quilts. I added lots of French knots because that is my favourite embroidery stitch, and some beads for shine.

I FINALLY figured out how to photograph my quilts outside - I moved my foam core design board outside to the deck out of direct sunlight. Wow, did that ever take me a long time to figure out! As will be shown by subsequent photos, the quality is so much better with natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment