Our local quilt group is making a memory quilt for a senior lady on our island, the mother of one of our group. Others made the blocks and sandwiched, and I offered to quilt it. I had a *lot* of tension issues. I tried to use pale pink serger thread, and at first it worked, and then it did not. I did way too much unpicking. The same serger thread in an ivory colour works just fine on my own quilts-as-you-go project, so I never did figure it out. I finally switched to a grey cotton thread, tweaked the bottom bobbin tension, and then it was fun and efficient. Tomorrow I deliver it to Ann to do the binding.
|Quilting all finished.|
|Block and border detail.|
|The back of the quilt. The backing is a polished cotton, and I suspect that may have led to some of the tension issues.|