About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Back to Sock Knitting

Whew! I have been so busy creating ART for my upcoming joint textile art show this summer, that I have been totally neglecting my knitting. My pattern is usually to quilt over in the studio cum guest cottage during the afternoon, "come home" across the bridge (see photo of bridge above in blog title frame) at 5 pm, and knit in the house in the evenings.
But then I fell down the rabbit hole of English paper piecing, and I was doing that in the evenings. But, now back to knitting, and I finished this pair of socks that I have been working on since the autumn.

Socks knit with Eidos yarn that I got at Sock Summit in summer of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment