About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Needlepoint Fly: Another UFO being attended to

Here is the latest UFO, aka UnFinished Object, that I am endeavoring to finish. I bought this small needlepoint painted canvas and appropriate silk threads at Needlepoint Inc. in San Francisco in summer of 2008. And was it ever expensive! Just this wee canvas and all the threads cost me $100 US, and I do not even want to think what that was in CA$ at that time - sheesh.
But, but - they do have the most exquisite needlepoint at that shop! I do not know why this has lingered so long on the shelf, only half done. I pulled it off the shelf several days ago, and yesterday I completed all the coloured parts in the figure. Now just the cream background to be done.





No comments:

Post a Comment