About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cross stitch quilt Label: Part 2

I finished my quilt label today. A big thank you to Alicia Paulson who taught me how. I love the results.

I cut between the words on the waste canvas to make the threads short and easy to extricate.

These tweezers came in a toiletry case years ago. I use them often to pull needles through layers of fabric. They came in very handy in removing the canvas threads from under the cross stitch.

I turned under the edges of the label and hem stitched it to the back of the quilt.

There - doesn't that look beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Totally beautiful and absolutely awesome! xoxo, a

    ReplyDelete