About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Five Part Socks under construction

I posted my Seven Part Shaped Socks pattern on Ravelry earlier this week and already over 150 people have downloaded the pattern. I find it just wonderful that so many knitters are interested.
This support has inspired me to devise a Five Part sock pattern, also knit from the toe up, this time using 5 double pointed needles and without a shaped arch. I think that I will use a square heel to match the square toe.
Here is the work that I did last evening. You can see that I put a safety pin as an indication of the top side of my sock.




No comments:

Post a Comment