About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ongoing projects

I love this pink and green quilt, completely hand pieced and quilted except that I did put the binding on by machine. It has been in the making about 3 years, as I keep putting it aside to work on other projects. I just need to finish hand quilting a few squares. I am determined to have it finished for June, as I think of it as my Summer Rose Quilt. In fact it is based on a pattern called Canadian Flower Garden.

My latest pair of socks from Cookie A.'s book are stalled, sitting beside the sofa waiting for attention . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment