About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hedera socks finished

I bought Cookie A.'s book Knit. Sock. Love. at Sock Summit 2011 in Portland, Oregon last July. My goal for this year is to knit each of the 19 sock patterns in the book. I finished the Monkey socks last month, and last evening I finished Hedera (pattern originally published in Knitty in 2006 and available online here http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATThedera.html .
I knit Hedera from a lovely yarn that I bought at Sock Summit called Skinny Bugga (all the yarns in this line are named for insects, my colour way is called Golden Orb Weaver) from a company called The Sanguine Gryphon, which has now divided into two separate companies.




This is the photo from the book. Can you see my socks at the top of the picture? The book was on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment