About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Deep Dish Apple Pie

I used about eight small, tart green apples, peeled and cored and sliced. I added the juice of one lemon, one cup of sugar, two tablespoons of flour and mixed all of it in a big bowl. Then I generously buttered the pan, put in the apple mixture and dotted on more butter. The pastry I had retrieved from the freezer, and I presume it was made from my standard Tenderleaf Lard recipe from the side of the box. I rolled the pastry out and laid it on the apples, cut many slits in the top and baked it at 450F for 10 minutes, then 350F for 55 minutes. I find that longer baking time is so much better to make pastry really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment