About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011

We had a lovely typical Saturday today. We went to recycling in the morning and picked up the Globe and Mail newspaper and some milk at the store. We had a simple lunch then JM watched hockey in the TV room and I played with origami over at the studio/cottage. Then I had a nice 40 minute walk up Wren Road at 4 PM, during which dusky time I saw 4 deer and a flicker. Then home to start our New Year Eve's dinner, macaroni and cheese by special request of the other diner. In honour of the occasion, I made Cheese and Pasta Gratin from Alice Water's Simple Food.

The house looks very welcoming as I return from my walk.

The Cheese and Pasta Gratin, aka Mac and Cheese, prior to its final 15 min at 400F in the oven.

This is a wonderful cook book.

The recipe.

The bubbly was poured once I had finished preparations.

The studio/cottage at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment