About Me

My photo
Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada
Jean Cockburn retired from her professional career as an academic librarian in 2008 to become a textile artist living on Denman Island, British Columbia. She draws, quilts, embroiders, knits and crochets, makes wearable art, weaves baskets, dyes fabric, and paints watercolours. Her work has been exhibited locally in juried and group shows on Denman Island, in Courtenay, Comox, and Duncan on Vancouver Island, in West Vancouver, and across Canada with the Surface Design Association.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Alice's Socks

These are souvenir socks from the Sock Summit 2011 in Portland. They incorporate all the nifty things that I learned at SS, like the Bosnian Square Toe (which is used as a diamond shape) and the arch shaped sole. I knit the socks on the Addi circular lace needle that I bought at the SS marketplace, where I bought one ball of the lovely coral coloured Classic Elite Summer Sox yarn. Then I had a harrowing search for another ball of the same yarn, once I got home, so that I could actually make Alice a pair of socks. Luckily Jurgen from the Needle & Arts Centre in nearby Campbell River had exactly the same yarn, even the same dye lot number.

The pattern is available on Ravelry as a pdf download and can be purchased for $2.00 CAD. 








No comments:

Post a Comment